July 5, 2016

The Faerie Guardian by Rachel Morgan



The Faerie Guardian is the first book in the Creepy Hollow Series by Rachel Morgan.

Violet’s ultimate dream is to be top of her class of graduating faerie guardian trainees. So, when Nate, the human assigned to her, manages to follow her to Creepy Hollow, violating the first Rule of the Guild, which states ‘never bring a human into the fae realm..’, Violet suffers the consequences which might diminish her chances of making her dream come true.

The questions are why and how does Nate see through her faerie glamour and how does he survive the journey through the faerie paths?

Naturally, Violet needs to take Nate back to his home. On their way, however, they are kidnapped by an unlikely pair, a human and a faerie.

I enjoyed this book immensely. I find it different from other faerie books that I read where faeries are mostly described as gentle, exquisite and harmless. I like the concept of faerie warriors like Violet who is adept in combat and can handle various weapons.

The storytelling is engaging making the book very difficult to put down. The action scenes are so vivid I feel like I am watching a movie. That being said, I hope this book is turned into a movie. The characters are fascinating. Violet, for me, is the perfect protagonist, smart, tough, brave, firm but compassionate.

What I like most about the book is the unpredictability. It is hard to guess what will happen next making the story very interesting with its twists and turns.

Congratulations to Rachel Morgan (@AuthorRMorgan) on such an awesome book. So excited to read Book 2!


No comments:

Post a Comment