January 13, 2017

Enchant by Demelza Carlton



Enchant: Beauty and The Beast Retold by Demelza Carlton is Book 1 of Romance a Medieval Fairytale Series.

Zuleika is a young but powerful enchantress. After she is forced by wicked King Thorn to cast a terrible curse, Zuleika flees and travels the world. When her father’s ship is lost at sea, Zuleika comes looking for it and ends up in an enchanted island ruled by Prince Vardan, a kind and honorable man afflicted by a terrible curse unknown even to Zuleika.

Though the similarities between this book and the classic fairytale Beauty and The Beast are quite apparent, Enchant is a wonderful book with a charm of its own. By making ‘Belle’ a powerful enchantress, the author gives the readers a stronger female protagonist that women of today can relate to. Prince Vardan’s chivalry tickles the heart of female readers making him quite easy to love despite his beastly appearance.

The book is not simply romantic, it is moving, engaging and memorable. I love everything about the book and I couldn’t stop once I started reading. I couldn’t wait to get to the part when they admit to being in love with each other, but the author has a way of saving the best parts until the last so I had to be as patient as I could. The ending, however, feels kind of incomplete for me.

Nevertheless, I enjoyed this book and I recommend it to fans of fairytales, fantasy and romance novels.

Congratulations to Demelza Carlton (@DemelzaCarlton) on such a wonderful book. For more books by the author, visit Demelza Carlton’s Place. 

No comments:

Post a Comment