February 22, 2015

My Kids' Book Collection

This is a re-post. It originally appeared on another blog on Feb. 19, 2014. It is re-posted for sentimental reasons.


Like mother, like children.
One of several things that my kids obviously got from me is my love for reading, naturally they love books. And I love them even more for it.
All three of them learned to read at age 5 while I started reading (in Pilipino) at 7. Then, I began collecting books in college when each of them has a collection of her/his own right now. Well,  I guess they are luckier than I, right?

My eldest daughter Candid actually reads books from my collection and her own collection is composed mostly of books by Bob Ong.

Daryl’s collection is mostly comic books particularly Doraemon. Some of his academic books are being kept somewhere safe in my attempt to make them last longer :D

Of the three of them, Mika has the most number of books in her collection, several of them are Hanna Montana books.

We are a family of book lovers and we are proud to have books in every corner of our house. Sometimes we discuss a book that we all read and it feels great to know that they really understood the story, that they really analyzed the characters and even have their own opinions about some parts of the book.
So, to my kids..
Keep reading even when others don’t. It’s their loss… :D


No comments:

Post a Comment