February 25, 2015

My Children's Crafts

This is a re-post. It originally appeared on another blog on Feb. 26, 2014. It is re-posted for sentimental reasons.


I am a crafter. Among my crafts are crochet, beadworks, cross stitch and a little sewing.
So, it isn’t surprising if my kids are crafters as well. Though I want my children to concentrate on their studies, I also encourage them to develop their crafts. I know how it feels to finish a project and I want to share that feeling with them.

Among my children, my eldest, Candid, is the least crafty of all. Still, she was able to finish this one and only cross stitch of hers which is displayed in her room.


This is Hobby, my son Daryl’s creation. It is a robot made from old cartons. I believe it was inspired by the movie Wall-E though there is no resemblance. It’s just that he started making carton robots when he watched Wall-E several years back.

He covered the lower limbs with foil. I can’t remember where he got the foil, though..
Proud of his creation, isn’t he?

Of all my children, Mika, is the craftiest of all. She learned to crochet when she was 11 and she got into beadworks last year when she was just 12. This is her first project. Quite good for a beginner I would say.

This is her second and more ambitious project. Though I was the one who sewed on the zipper, still, it was something for a girl of 12 to make.

Hmmm.. Another proud crafter.
Like mother, like children, indeed…


No comments:

Post a Comment